Since having the new kitchen I have been cooking a lot, and have adapted some lovely classics to a low(er)-carb version.
One of my recent favorits are these coconut orange cakes.
What you need for about six cakes is:
- 50 gr coconut shavings
- 10 gr wheat fiber
- 20 gr fresh ginger root
- 50 gr butter (at room temperature)
- 50 gr fresh cheese
- 1 medium orange
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 2 scoops of whey concentrate
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Wash and slice (don't peel!) the orange and remove the seeds. Peel and chop the ginger. Bring to a boil with just enough water to cover and let simmer for about one hour.
- Blend the orange and ginger in a kitchen blender. Blend in the eggs, fresh cheese, butter. Then blend in the dry ingredients.
- Grease your cake molds. You can use butter or grape seed oil for this.
- Let the cakes bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in the molds.