Monday, February 21, 2011

Coconut orange cakes

Orange coconut cake IV

Orange coconut cake III

I have been attempting eating low-carb and mostly grain free for some years now. I initially adopted this eating pattern because I wanted to loose weight, but it also made me feel healthier, fitter and happier.

Since having the new kitchen I have been cooking a lot, and have adapted some lovely classics to a low(er)-carb version.

One of my recent favorits are these coconut orange cakes.

What you need for about six cakes is:
  • 50 gr coconut shavings
  • 10 gr wheat fiber
  • 20 gr fresh ginger root
  • 50 gr butter (at room temperature)
  • 50 gr fresh cheese
  • 1 medium orange
  • 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
  • 2 scoops of whey concentrate
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp stevia
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven at 175°C.
  • Wash and slice (don't peel!) the orange and remove the seeds. Peel and chop the ginger. Bring to a boil with just enough water to cover and let simmer for about one hour.
  • Blend the orange and ginger in a kitchen blender. Blend in the eggs, fresh cheese, butter. Then blend in the dry ingredients.
  • Grease your cake molds. You can use butter or grape seed oil for this.
  • Let the cakes bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in the molds.

Orange coconut cake II

Orange coconut cake I

12 comments:

Abbie Lee said...

YUM!!! These look so good. Will have to try out the recipe sometime.

Anonymous said...

Abosolutely delicious :) I love coconuts and combined with orange the result is fantastic.

Greetings holiday apartment london

Jazz Virtue said...

this looks amazing!!!

Dawn M said...

Looks very tempting x

Jeane M. said...

Delicioso! Thanks for sharing gotta look forward baking this for this weekend tea time. :D

diablo 3 accounts for sale

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and your photos are so sweet and beautiful

gfs said...

these are gorgeous, they would have tasted delicious! I must say I've just stumble across your blog and it's gorgeous, so many pretty photos!

Unknown said...

Beautiful blog! I am so glad that I found you! Have a nice day!

abercrombie UK said...

it is amazing! I love coconuts and combined with orange the result is fantastic.

kat @ dot dot dash said...

ooo, love this low-carb recipe!
I've recently discovered my intolerance to wheat and I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes.
To be fair, I'm feeling like a new person, so it's clearly for the best!

I'd probably have to tweak it a little, but definitely want to try.
(might even attempt lemon instead of orange)
x kat

Camila Faria said...

They look so beautiful and yummy! I have to try this recipe sometime!

her billowing heart said...

you take such beautiful photos!