Janick from http://fonetik.wordpress.com/ challenged me to do the Green Challenge, so I have to write a bit about what I am doing to introduce environmental sustainability into my daily life!
1. I use a whashing machine with an 'economy' option, which uses less water and I hang dry my laundry.
2. I do not own a car and I ride/walk more than drive. For longer distances I use public traffic.
3. I don't buy disposable plates/utensils and I re-use plastic water bottles. I also keep plastic and cotton bags and take them with me to go shopping, instead of taking extra plastic bags that I don't need.
4. I eat only free range, sustainable animal products and food from organic agriculture and fair trade.
5. I own some second-hand / re-use clothing, and only buy clothes that are made from biodegradable fabrics. I try to buy as much of my basics as possible in organic fabrics.
6. Most of my batteries are rechargable
7. I use mostly all-natural, biodegradable cleaning products and I do not use any chemicals in my yard.
8. I use mostly recycled paper products, even my toilet is made from 100% recycled paper. I also recycle paper for wrapping gifts, for making collages and notebooks/sketchbooks.
9. We sort our garbage: paper, vegetable and plant remains, plastic and cans all go in different containers and are collected seperatly.
10. I use a lot of recycled and repurposed, vintage, second hand and found objects in my jewelry and art.