Sunday, September 20, 2009

Art selection for our future bedroom



As I wrote earlier today I want an art wall in our future bedroom. I couldn't resist starting to work on a selection of pieces. I am surprised about how many frames I still had in the house that I could use for this project.
I have some more things that should come to hang in the bedroom, but I couldn't fit them all in this photo, so you'll have to wait untill the wall is finished to see them ;-)

In the back: a vintage print of Joan of Arc

In the oval IKEA mirror frame: a print by me (available in my etsy shop)

On the right of the oval frame: a watercolour by the famous sculptor Auguste Rodin

In the front: a postcard with a drawing of French artist and cartoonist Honoré Daumier (one of my all time favorit artists)

The large print behind the Rodin: a digital collage by Art and Ghosts I bought on etsy

In the white frame in the front: a postcard I bought in the Musée d'Orsay in Paris 5 years ago showing a painting by Gustave Caillebotte, called "Les raboteurs de parquet"

On the right: a vintage postcard showing a woman in traditional Dutch costume

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your bedroom is going to be SO lovely!